torstai 5. marraskuuta 2015

Wireless mice


I have to admit, I was wrong. Somewhat.

Since the first wireless [computer] mice were introduces I've considered them mostly curiosities that at best are always out of batteries or lost somewhere on the desk a - valid concern as my desk usually is full of papers, electronic boards and whatnot. 

Some time ago I finally went and bought one for my laptop, mostly to be used when out of office. Specific model isn't important, suffice to say that it was Logitech and one of the cheaper ones. Somewhat smaller than my typical desktop mouse too.

Small size was weird at first but I've grown used to it. I wouldn't want to play any action games with it but for basic tasks it's fine. Now I've been using it on and off for six months (almost daily, as it's being used with the laptop I often work with at home) or so and I've also been pleasantly surprised of its battery life. It is powered by single AA battery, and I'm still using the battery it came with - some cheap-as-possible chinese brand so I wouldn't expect great life either. Considering that I often forget to turn it off, its current consumption is amazingly small. I'm almost tempted to open it to see what's inside it and do some measurements.

So far I haven't managed to lose it either, at least too many times, or for too long. Although I have had to spend some time finding it when it has fallen off the desk and disappeared by bouncing unexpectedly far away a few times. There must be some really weird physics going on when dropping something small and important, like screws, springs and mice ...

But I think I still prefer to have proper, larger wired mouse for my desktop anyway. With no "ergonomic" shapes only two buttons and scroll wheel, thank you. Those weirdly shaped gaming mice with heaps of buttons just feel wrong to me.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti