maanantai 9. marraskuuta 2015

Malware of the worst kind


My opinion for longest time has been that all the so called antivirus and spam filters tend to be the worst kind of malware. Always preventing me to doing my work, always nagging for updates (often paid updates) and always being more trouble than they are worth. Local ones are generally manageable, but when they are offered as an service they get unbearable.

Case one I've had to tolerate lately: I have business relation with a certain person in a larger organization that has been ongoing for several years now. I've been ordering stuff from them almost every month by email. Nothing fancy or anything that could be considered malicious; no links, no attachments, just few lines of text to indicate what I need. And yet every now and then my order mails ends up in their spam folder.

Their email is managed by Sonera (or Telia-Sonera), local large internet operator, and apparently there is nothing they can do to fix the overly zealous email filter. Annoying but yet somewhat tolerable.

Case two: Once again Sonera tries to sabotage our business. We were negotiating about certain order with another company and sent simple scanned PDF (some 500k in size) an an attachment, by their request. And suddenly every single email we try to send them (apparently from our entire domain) gets bounced:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

  xxxx@xxxx.xxx
    host mail.cm.sonera.com [193.208.151.61]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<xxxx@xxxx.xxx>:
    550 #5.7.1 Your access to submit messages to this e-mail system has been rejected.

I tried to find an email address I could sent a failure report (as this very clearly is a failure at their end) but there just isn't any. Why yes, they seem to have twitter and facebook as contacts, but I absolutely refuse to use either of them. Fuck you very much, Sonera.

This is one of the many reasons I terminated all my contracts with them years ago (except one mobile subscription, least expensive one I could get I have for testing purposes.)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti