sunnuntai 1. tammikuuta 2017

STM32F469 USB working - once again


Okay, I've got USB working again on the STM32F469 now. Kinda. There's still something funky with the descriptors preventing it from working with Windows properly, but with Linux it works pretty nicely now. There's more pressing issues at the moment so for now I've postponed further studies as my board works well enough not to be show-stopper (as in: requiring layout changes) later on.

What I did was to take newer STM cubeMX firmware and adapt it to my use. It took a while but eventually I got it working (at current levels) with my expected configuration - STM32F469 MCU, OTG HS port/core and HID firmware. It's nice to be driverless.

I still have no idea why the older USB drivers don't work at all. It's like USB subsystem is never initialized properly, it just doesn't do anything with 469 MCU. No interrupts, no activation, nothing. But as the newer one works, that's kind of irrelevant at the moment.

Now, whether I post new(er) drivers - well, I don't really know yet. I'm pretty busy and polishing current mess to release-able niceness takes some time. Also 469 Discovery board doesn't use HS port so those are not useful there (alhough they might with with FS port too) , but they might help some people. If you are interested, let me know.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti