perjantai 9. lokakuuta 2015

Teknologia '15


Just this week there was Teknologia '15 fair at Helsinki. I haven't been regular there as I haven't had any need to keep in contact with different equipment/part dealers there are often, but this year I had enough stuff planned that I chose to spend a few hundred euros to drop by.

My primary interest was Elkom part (Elektroniikan komponentit, Electronics components), but there are several different but thematically close events at same general event, including automation, hydraulics & pneumatics, mechanics, manufacturing, packaging and so on. Essentially almost everything you'd need when designing, building and manufacturing (technology) products, albeit there was also food production/packaging equipment on display so not just technology after all.
 

Since every other stand seems to have these huge structures reaching towards, or hanging from ceiling it's damn difficult to get a good overall photo. But I still had to try.

I've been drooling after new 3000-series scopes by Keysight lately, and damn did they have nice offer there - buy any keysight scope this year and you get all software options included, free of separate charge! I think I just spent several grand there, too, nevermind that I haven't received my quote yet.
No photos of that, I'll just forward you to Dave Jones' video blog, I think he checked one out lately.

Aside that, there was a lot to see. Almost too much for single day, and boy I was tired when I got back home that evening after all the walking and gawking and negotiating. This day wasn't waste of time nor money I think. I can't go in depth to other things I discussed there, some of that is a bit hush hush for now, but I think I made some promising connections for future.

These camera microscopes seemed pretty handy, although I'm not sure how I would get used to working like that instead of the microscope I'm using now. I think this setup (on right, one on left was something else) was around 4000 eur. And there was one with price tag of about 8000 too at another stand. A bit too much for my budget...


But some other random pickings...

How about some Heavy machinery? This motor (?) was rated at 800kW if my memory serves, plaque said 6000v / 90A (I think). I know, numbers don't match, I just took a quick glance so something might be wrong.

Containers of bright, colored fluids bubbling or whirling in them are always fun to watch. For a while. Then someone comes asking be what I'm interested in on their stand - and I don't know squat about (chemical) process technologies. Time to quickly mumble something incomprehensible and move on...


Helsinki Metropolia (University of Applied Sciences) was also present. They had their all-electric race car on show too. Sorry for bad photos, like most of them here I remembered to snap them only when being almost ready to leaving so I didn't have much time or energy to spare for nice ones. And really, there's a lot of press about it floating around already. Well, at least locally there is...


Next to this was another project car, with classic e-conversion labeling. I didn't examine it too much, but damn those power cables are of impressive size. I'm pretty sure that the small battery, as seen directly left from those cables isn't the one feeding the power units there...

And much much more, in so many categories that ones can't but feel exhausted after a day of browsing. Maybe next time some more, then ...


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti