perjantai 16. lokakuuta 2015

Story time: Airlines


There was a recent headline I saw where an airline sent a woman home for no cost when then found out her son got injured. Although this was a good deed in this case, by airline that apparently cares about its service (I didn't really bother reading the article itself, wasn't that interested), the headline and reputation of some less than stellar airlines made be expect the events to be something like this:

"Looking for Mrs. Bouvier, Looking for Mrs. Bouvier, please come to gate desk."
Middle-aged woman looks briefly confused but then gets up and walks to gate desk. "I'm Mrs. Bouvier, what is this about?"
Aside normal gate desk operator there is also a man in his late 20s, in dark suit, standing behing the desk. He glances at woman quickly then speaks: "Mrs. Lorraine Bouvier, from Atlanta?"
"Yes, that's me."
"It has been bought to our understanding that your son was recently in an accident. You have my deepest symphaties and we have arranged your return flight home immediately."
"What? An accident? No, that's not.. "
"Your returns flight is leaving shortly so I ask you to move to gate 23 immediately for immediate boarding."
"No, no, it's not possible, he was just training when.."
"Now, unfortunately the business class for this flight was full so we had to downgrade you to coach."
"What?!? Now, he just strained his ankle, why should I ret--"
"I understand that you are under considerable stress due the recent events but please restrain yourself. Everything has been arranged for you and I'd like to ask you to follow me to gate 23, please."
"NO! He just strained his ankle, there's no reason to go back now, I'll just continue to my destination."
"Unfortunately that is not possible, we had to cancel your next flight to make new arrangements. You don't need to worry about your luggage though, I am sure that they will be moved to your new plane before it will take off."
"No, no..." Woman is now in clearly distraught. "He just strained his ankle, he's okay..."
Man sighs, then glances sideways. "I was hoping this would be needed. Boris, will you please show Mrs. Bouvier to her next flight."
A very large man, wearing similar, but badly fitted suit, steps in, taking hold of woman's arm, guiding her almost forcefully away from gate desk. She is too confused to even properly resist. The first man then turns his attention to a man that has been so far silently following the conversation, mouth agape.
"Mr. Bouvier?"
"That's me. Why the--"
"I understood that you are not the biological father?"
"Well yes, I'm not, but what--"
"Unfortunately we could not make similar arrangements for you because of this, but I guarantee that your original flight plan is still in effect." He smiles.
"--Now hold on--"
"Have a nice wedding anniversary at Hawaii, Mr. Bouvier." He turns and walks away.
"..."



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti