maanantai 31. maaliskuuta 2014

Chili disaster

Completely off-topic but I have to vent a bit...

For some years now I have tried to grow some chili plants, but I seem to completely lack the famous "green thumb" as every attempt so far has failed miserably. Best so far was last year when I managed to grow a small plant but it didn't produce any fruit.

I haven't given up, though, and few weeks ago I planted some more chili seeds, among with some tomatoes and rucola (these because I happened to have some old seeds handy and few pots remaining after chilies) on small growing pots on window shelf. And amazingly they started to grow very nicely, almost every seed I planted. Maybe this is the year...

But no. Today I come home and our kid (almost 3 years old) has completely destroyed every single one of my plants. Every single plant ripped out from few remaining unspilled pots, all others empty on a pile of dirt on floor. So much for those plants. No point even trying to re-plant them, they're gone.

(no photos of the mess, although it would have made some ... disturbing material for people who prefer clean floors. Oh well, can't think of everything before cleaning up)

Oh the joys of parenting...

So, back to square one. Still had some tomato and salad seeds, among with some common chillies, but some other species I planted (Aji Benito and whatnot) were the last ones I had. So I had to order some more.

I have to mention Fatalii's site here, it's has been a good source of seeds and general chili growing information (nevermind my lack of success...). I really hope these new ones can grow in peace.

(punisment? two minutes on chair, as usual, with strict warning not to touch plants again. Kid wasn't alone, but wife was busy otherwise and thus failed to note the worst kind of warning sign there is - too long silence)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti