lauantai 25. kesäkuuta 2016

Lost the BT receiver


This small, thumb-sized module is what I'm talking about.

I was working outside, and since it was pretty warm summer day here there was a lot of "friends" around - mosquitoes, horseflies and I guess several other species of bite-y flying-y things. Funnily enough, when I have the hearing protector on those don't seem to be much of a problem, they become annoying only when I can hear them. They still bite, though, so I have to swat them away every now and then.

One seriously annoying horsefly (I think that is the name in english, those things that look like a fly but are bigger and hungry for a bite of your flesh) was constantly flying around my head, so I tried to swat it away. And suddely I lost the audio. Damn, loose connection.

Except this time the connection was even looser than usual. The damn module was completely gone. I managed to hit it trying to shoo the flies away, with sufficient force to knock it flying, to a direction unknown.

No idea where it went. Damn. Small, thumb-sized black thing isn't exactly the easiest thing to locate in long-ish grass.

I played around with Kali linux some time ago when trying to figure out unrelated bluetooth issue, and remembered that many of the tools I used with it exist on my phone too. Unfortunately I didn't remember exact commands I needed for searching the module so I walked inside to consult the net.

Shortly, armed with newly regained knowledge of arcane spells of blueranger (which doesn't exist on phone), hidtool and l2ping (as suitable emergency replacement for firstly mentioned) I went to look for the module - only to find out that it no longer responds to the phone.

I think that when it lost connection to phone (due to being out of range, when I consulted the net) it waited a while and turned itself off. Damn again, there went my best hope for ever finding it again - at least, in working condition. And now it's pouring rain outside. If it were salvageable before, if I'd happen to it of course, I suspect that it isn't no longer.

Time to invest to a new module - and some velcro tape, to attach it firmly on the side of those Zeklers (as I pretty much use it only with those these days).



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti