keskiviikko 13. toukokuuta 2015

When fullscreen ain't ...

Small annoyances of life ...

I've been subscriber of EDN newsletter for long time now. I think this is the very same newsletter I subscribed on paper back in early 2000s or so but can't be exactly sure (for completely free!), and I still kinda miss the paper version. There's just something about handling paper that is missing from digital...

(kinda related: Just few days I went to a nearby playground with the kid. I took my Kindle with me, just in case I had some time to read. Unfortunately battery had been drained in meantime and since e-ink screen retained the last image I only found out in the park. No reading for me then... So score one for paper there too.)

Anyway, I just got the newest edition of EDN, and as usual I opened the flash version as full screen as usual. Execept I got this (copy of my entire screen, 1920x1200 original, only scaled down):


Are you kidding me? That doesn't look like full screen to me, not even close! I have big screen for a reason, don't make me squint for it like that trying to read tiny text...

And no, I don't mind the ads, especially since entire magazine is essentially nothing but product "infomercials". The thing is that there occasionally is something interesting and/or useful, like mention of new 4Mbit FRAMs now -- I haven't been too happy of FRAM sizes previously anyway but nonvolatile memory with essentially infinite write cycles is just-so-damn-useful...




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti