torstai 28. toukokuuta 2015

Ranting about headphone cables

Is it just me or are all 3,5mm stereo cables just junk? And with this I mean cables with 3,5mm stereo plug in both ends, used to connect, say, your phone to car radio's AUX or something else, like my new(ish) Zekler hearing protector with radio.

In this case I got the 412R model (radio and 3,5mm AUX) because I wanted to listen audiobooks while working and the equivalent bluetooth model was about three to four times the price (can't remember exact numbers, this was about a year ago), a bit too much for my taste. Granted, if I were buying new set now I might consider bluetooth model as it turns out that that wire happens to be on the way quite often when doing light buy noisy (think chainsaws, lawnmowers etc...) physical activities no matter how you try to hide it under your shirt.

Anyway, I think I have clocked only few tens of hours, but absolutely no more than hundred hour of use for the protectors and the 3,5mm audio cable that came with the set is already broken - right channel keeps cutting off. This isn't the first audio extension cable I have ruined either, for some reason those seem to always keep breaking way too soon.

Some time ago I opened one out of curiosity and found out that the wires were really thin - a few strands of copper (if it even is copper...) with thickness of human hair - and soldering job was just horribly bad. No wonder they keep breaking, even slightest mechanical stress either breaks bad solder joints or breaks those thin wires...


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti