keskiviikko 28. huhtikuuta 2021

PS4 controller

I am not fan of console gaming - mainly because I like to quite often take a short break by alt-tabbing out from the game and doing something else. Can't do that on console.

Nevertheless, there are some PC games that just work better with controller than my preferred mouse + keyboard combo. Yakuza series for example. So recently I got myself a PS4 controller which I paired with  my PC, and with Steam it works just great.

It has maybe few dozen gaming hours on it (I do prefer M+K on most games), but it already has developed apparently way too common left stick drift. Makes playing kinda annoying when Kiryo decides to jump left, away from opponent, in middle of fight. This isn't minor case either, stick jumps almost all the way to left when it happens (generally, soon after returning it to center from left).

Well, some searching suggested that analog wiper (the part that senses stick position) is dirty. Certainly shouldn't be work, not with so few hours. Common cure also seems to be air. Sometimes there is suggestion of blowing there, but don't. Air from lungs has moisture in it, so you might just make situation worse that way. I (as it happens) had bottle of air duster - effectively pressurized air - which I used but first round didn't do nothing. I was already opening it up when I remembered that it's very recent purchase - I dug out warranty info and it's less than 6 months old. Might as well replace it entirely.

I did try one more time with air first, though, pressing stick down and turning to side, which appears to have done the trick. No more drift - at least for now. We'll see if it comes back.

Edit, two days later: Started drifting again. Guess I'll use warranty card here...



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti