perjantai 26. maaliskuuta 2021

Covid sucks

Continuation of previous post.

The verdict is in, and we, the people, have collectively failed the pandemic response test, and will all die horribly when the next, more serious pandemic hits. Do not have any illusions about it, that new pandemic will happen eventually, and people traveling constantly around the world will only make it worse (and I do realize that everything I say around here makes me a more guilty person here.)  Whether it's more or less dangerous pandemic than current one is anyones guess, but the worse one will be there eventually. Imagine, say, ebola that spreads much, much more easily... (just to name a single example, I know that ebola isn't airborne - at least, it is not at the moment...)

In the meantime, this situation has serious mental health issues. Not being to able to go out normally, to mingle, to speak with others - it appears to have effect even on us introverts. I at least have some verbal contacts due to customers calling me quite often - wife unfortunately isn't as lucky as she has very few people to meet nearby now. And then there are people too to whom this is much, much worse situation to be in.

Not to mention the holiday situation mentioned in that previous post. That's worse. Not being able to properly relax has more serious consequences than I'd have though few years ago and I am starting to feel the results.

I'm starting to feel that I'd be willing to part a far more significant chunk of my account for a nice, safe vacation than I would have been just a few years back. And I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one.

I was hoping we could make a getaway this winter (20-21), or summer at latest. At the moment that is very unlikely, and that alone is already stressing me out. I'd love, love to be able to get vaccinated and start relaxing (even a bit) but so far the situation is bleak. As of writing, they've vaccinated only 10 percent of people here. Not even close to make sufficient coverage, and we (my family) are very, very far down on the list of people prioritized for vaccinations for now. 

This is going to be another long year, I'm afraid.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti