perjantai 16. elokuuta 2019

A happy call


Am I bragging? Maybe just a little bit.

A customer called me today. He had a problem with WiFi connection from our device - specifically that it keeps dropping out and needs to be manually reset constantly.

Unfortunately I was away from office and could not check what is going on (from server logs), nor could I give him any suggestions other than try with another access point as he was using hotspot from phone which are notoriously unreliable for any extended use.

And he was happy about this!

See, he also has devices from other vendor (who are far more expensive than we are and have much larger staff) devices in other cars, and apparently this wifi issue is nothing compared to all kinds of problems he has with those devices. And to add insult to the injury, this vendor has Very Expensive help desk phone that they don't even answer to. So, in effect, nothing works, no one will even answer the (Ridiculously Expensive) phone when they try call for help, and there is no other way to contact them either (this all according to him and several other people who are in the same situation, I obviously can't know any of this first hand.)

Sometimes it feels like my devices have serious issues here and there. But calls like this, every now and then, make me feel really good. I actually appear to be providing good service after all.


And I repeat: Information about the vendor mentioned above is all hear-say, as told me by other people. I have no way of knowing how much of that is really true. Still, when you hear same things told by many different people, over longer period of time...




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti