lauantai 1. huhtikuuta 2017

I killed the drill


Wife asked for seemingly simple thing; a board where she could place small mason jars so they wouldn't move during the use when training the dog (course is called 'nose work' I think.)  I didn't really have much to do right now, so I got to it immediately. First checking what would be needed - as it turns out that I'd need pretty much everything, as we were fresh out of suitable pieces of wood, not to mention hole cutting drill bits and everything. Except the drill.

After a brief visit to local hardware store (and grimacing of the cost of seemingly simple hole-cutting drill bit) I got back home and got to work. I noticed pretty much immediately that my cheap 550w Skil drill isn't happy about this job - guess hole drilling is a bit too much for it. Not to mention six holes that were needed.

I never got the sixth hole made - the drill died. I was hoping to get the sixth done with it, despite it's smoking calls for rest (or help), but alas, it wasn't to be. Dang.

This drill was not my first, going against my self-imposed tool-buying guidelines, but then again, I bought this drill before these rules (or guidelines) were really set in my mind. Although I kinda think the first drill doesn't count - it was extremely shoddy 20€ thing that promised a lot in its specifications - and actually broke the very first time I pressed the trigger. I got it almost as an afterthough from some store. Too bad I lost the receipt, I would've returned the damn thing otherwise for refund...

So now I got a half-finished dog training ... thingamajic and no drill. Guess I need to get a new one pretty soon - this time a quality brand one.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti