keskiviikko 12. elokuuta 2015

It's in A Safe Place


Well, damn. You know the drill - you get something expensive that you need only occasionally, so after use you put in A Safe Place. And then forget where that safe place is.

As it happens, the thing I put in A Safe Place this time happens to be my Photoshop CS4 package (along with DVD and product key) that I'd need now to install it again after I changed hard disk to my computer. So far I feel like I've looked everywhere and found nothing. Stupid of me not making a copy of those for safekeeping when I got them originally anyway...

While losing them might be a reason to upgrade to newer version for some people, two major things work against that;
1) It's damn expensive, and
2) Photoshop apparently is no longer available as standalone installation, there's only this "Creative Cloud" crap and there's annual extortion involved (yes, I'm pissed off enough to use that word now) -- every year you'll have to cough up more dough to keep using your paid-for software, which brings me back to point 1;
1) It's damn expensive over and over again.

Up yours, Adobe, I'd rather switch to Gimp for good if I can't find my copy of CS4.

And no, Elements doesn't cut it, I've tested it and idiots at Adobe changed every single keyboard shortcut from full Photoshop - if I have to re-learn the interface anyway, I'll pick the free one, TYMV. Also as I need image editors only for maybe ten hours a month or so the annual pricing gets way too expensive per hour.

Oh well, back to digging though every drawer and cabinet, again...

Edit, the next day: Finally found the damn packet, in same place as last time. I already had looked there but guess I somehow missed it the first time...




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti