sunnuntai 23. kesäkuuta 2019

Sold my bike


Herein you will find nothing but some personal nostalgia.

I got my motorbike driving license early 2000s, and since then I've always had a bike. First Suzuki gs500, but it was a bit light for longer two-person trips so I upgraded to Kawasaki ZR-7s in 2005 (2003 model). That bike was great. Simple, nimble and generally fun to drive. And it also looked nice. I've had it ever since.

During few last 5 years or so I really haven't had time to drive it though. I managed to drive only handful of times, for some 200km per year total, which, considering insurances and everything makes it pretty expensive fun. But fun nevertheless. When not riding I look at it and though how useless that bike was and how I should get rid of it. And when riding, I again remembered how much I like to ride, how much fun it is, pushing that uselessness feeling back. I wanted to keep it.

And now I sold it. I wasn't planning to, but I put it in internet sales forum - mostly as an experiment really - and eventually one guy came and bought it straight away.

When he drove away with it, I took a deep breath and swallowed the feeling of loss. I've always had a motorbike (for certain definitions of "always")

Now I suddenly don't have one. And I'm not planning to get one, either; I really can't justify the expense with the extremely low mileage I've put in it lately.

It's weird feeling. Hollow, like a part of me is missing.

       Norway, 2006. Side bag removed as camera was in there.

At the moment I'm moving on to electrified traffic; I've got a full EV and a PHEV cars. If (when) I get a bike, it will be electric too. It may take a few years. But I've got a feeling I will get a new one. Sooner or later. They just are too fun.

At the moment there really isn't many electric bikes available (for practical and safety reasons moped class vehicles limited to 45km/h are out), so that might be later.

I'll wait.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti