torstai 10. marraskuuta 2016

Intermission: Culture and politics


Now that a bit of time has passed, I'll open up my previous short post a bit. Just politics here so if you don't want to read about that, move on.


Back in 80s, when I was growing up, USA seemed like a heaven based on everything I heard from there. Cheap soda, cheaper gas, advanced technology, rich people, good food, space exploration, world leader, etc etc.

As time as passed the reality has crept in (and maybe I've grown older and maybe a bit more world-wiser too), piece by piece, and the more I hear about conditions in the USA the less I nowadays want to live there. Two big things being political system and medical care. Both of which are so important for people and so horribly broken and there is (at the moment) no hope of either being ever fixed.

These days I've given up of even visiting the country as a tourist since border control seems to have taken openly hostile attitude towards anyone (their own citizen included) entering the country. As long as the situation remains like this I take my tourism money elsewhere. Like Colombia (not very likely, but they certainly are at the moment way above USA on my mental list of countries I'd like to visit some time.)

But back to today's main topic. Let's get real now - when electing the president, if your only real choices are "completely horrible person A" and "totally horrible person B", something is seriously fucked up somewhere. And this election was exactly like that. But hey, "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos." Right?

I do hope that Trump will turn out to be something else than what he has presented himself to be during the campaign. But I won't be holding my breath in the meantime. 


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti