sunnuntai 24. huhtikuuta 2016

LCD controller of STM32F469


After some troubles of acquiring the chips, I've managed to play with the LCD controller of newer STM32F469 (in this regard STM32F479 is similar) and the routines I listed here before work equally well on this MCU too. This shouldn't be surprise, it's "just" newer model of the same MCU family. The main difference is that the new chip has full 128kB more internal memory, allowing larger (in pixels) displays to be used without resorting to external memory (and by extension, more complex board design.)

Of course, the display timing parameters - that is, front- and backporch, sync widths and so on - still feel like black magic to me, and getting them right (despite having display specifications) is mostly exercise of black magic. Or guesswork, take your pick. Especially for displays that don't use the DE line.

I haven't tried with the display included with the discovery kit though, so I won't publish any code here now; parameters aren't same for that display so my code (using very different display) wouldn't be of any use to anyone.

One register I haven't fully figured out is LxCFBLR (or L1CFBLR or just CFBLR) that should include line width and pitch. Documents say that pitch is length of line in bytes plus three, but for me that doesn't work; plus six does the trick.





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti