perjantai 30. lokakuuta 2015

Shut up and stop refusing my money!


...well, any more of my money, at least. Another rant coming right up.

I've been less than pleased with DVDs lately. There's nothing but endless trouble trying to play them, as they either keep freezing or just refuse to work at all.

Just now I tried to watch Star Trek DS9 DVD I just bought, but I just can't. Windows 10 doesn't have DVD player so that's off the table. VLC played a few minutes of it, then froze. So failure there. And MPC just reports copy protect failure. At least I have DVDFab as last resort... But the point is that I should not need to resort to these tools just to watch the goddamn DVD I own!

Well fuck you [checking back of DVD quicly] CBS & Paramount. While I'd love to get (as in buy) rest of the series on shiny disks, at the moment it seems that places like piratebay offer far better value. Their offerings at least fucking work as advertised!

(and no, netflicks doesn't offer any Star Trek series here. Apparently they don't want my money either... Well, screw them, too.)

Update, the next day: I had old unused (or no longer used, maybe ten years old) computer still laying around and this experience was just what I needed to push me past the initial trouble of installing (once again) a Linux distribution (Xubuntu proved most useful for me) on it. And what do you know, this DVD that proved unwatchable in Windows played without any trouble whatsoever.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti