maanantai 3. marraskuuta 2014

Courier services


I've never been too much a fan of DHL or UPS, now even more so. This time
it was DHL that managed to pretty much destroy this meter.


Surprisingly, after I managed to rip open the enclosure (mind you, that is 1mm thick aluminium so it has taken some serious beating to bend it this badly) and get to the electronics it still works. The PCB is however so badly bent it's unusable for any real use.

Update: DHL denies any responsibility since I apparently didn't report it damaged on arrival. Well, no, the box the meter came in was only slightly deformed, like something not-that-heavy (just 20kg or so) had been on top of it. Also the box was way larger than the meter so there should have been plenty of space for meter to be move around inside so that is what I expected to have happened (and yes, it was wrapped on bubble sheets).

I have pretty good idea on what it will take to damage the meter and really, arrived package didn't look that bad. Just for fun I tried to stand on the empty aluminium enclosure diagonally (on part that was bent - no PCB inside so it's even weaker than when assembled). I weigh around 70kg but that only bent the enclosure about 2mm inward. Not even close to damage seen here. Pretty much what I expected to happen.

They must have driven a friggin' forklift over the package, with meter caught just right inside it to cause this kind of damage.

While they're technically right - I did accept the damaged package - with that denial they also just lost any change of ever getting my business ever again.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti